Tuesday 10 November 2015


I asked my gran what things she would talk about to death in her last few moments of her life so that we can put together a script for her as she is playing the old women in our short film. This is the email she sent me.


Hello Kayla,
I've written down the bare bones of my life, giving "The Grim Reaper" something to talk to me about .

I was born in 1939 just before the 2nd world war. I was the 3rd of 8 children.We lived in Rustington.
I went to Worthing High School.
I trained to be a nurse at Worthing Hospital.
I met Les who was a policeman in Worthing and we married in 1961.
We had 4 children, 2 girls then 2 boys. I enjoyed being a mother especially following them in their sports.
Les had problems with chest infections and was diagnosed with a primary immune deficiency . I was able to help by putting up intravenous infusions of antibodies.
I looked after him for a long time, he eventually died in 2011.

In the last 4 years I've been a member of the u3a. I joined an O&A group and have been on a lot of outings. I try to collect pencils to remind me where I've been.
I read a lot and lead a Book discussion Group.
I still garden and have made the garden easier to keep tidy.
I also watch TV .
I hope this is helpful.
See you on Tuesday pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment